With WebCenter Sites 22.214.171.124.0 or later , after updating an asset on a primary cluster member , Asset Cache on other cluster member takes a while to update
Below are the two possible causes of this issues
1.Incorrect Mutilcast setting
- Ensure that for each cluster member, the cs-cache.xml and linked-cache.xml has the same multicastGroupAddress and multicastGroupPort.
- Make sure that the timeToLive is set appropriately. If the timeToLive is set to 0, but the cluster members are on different machines, the multicast messages will not reach the other cluster members.
- The following are the valid settings for timeToLive
0 – same host
1 – same subnet
32 – same site
64 – same region
128 – same continent
255 – unrestricted
2.Check if all WebCenter Sites cluster members have synchronized system times
Below are the some of the high level activities to be considered while upgrading from Fatwire 7.X to WebCenter Sites 11g. This list can be considered as high level check list for Pre & Post upgrade.
Pre Upgrade Activities
- Make sure there are no open DB connections
- Disable all publishing schedules and ensure that no publishing sessions are running
- For JDK 1.6, copy the jaxb-impl-2.1.12.jar
- Update Classpath with MSXML.jar : Missing with our scripts
- Update start-up scripts with XX:MaxPermSize and -Dcs.useJavaURLDecoder to false and other JVM settings
- Update LD_LIBRARY_PATH with CS-INSTALL\bin directory
- Ensure that all external data feeds and events are disabled
- Disable Revision Tracking for the assettypes
- Add the path to WebCenter Sites’ modified version of the Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory).
- If the class path refers to another version of the Microsoft XML Parser, WebCenter Sites will fail when parsing XML.
Post Upgrade Activities
- Copy Property Files
- Create custom/shared folders
- Copy Image & JS Folders
- Apply customizations
- After the upgrade, attribute forms will display additional fields which are not seen on a fresh installation. To make the attribute forms consistent with those of a fresh installation, you will edit the gator.ini file by setting the mwb.externalattributes property to false
- Create the start menus for PageAttribute, PageDefinition, and PageFilter so these asset types can be used.
- Re-Register the basic asset types
- Re apply any customizations on basic assets
- Enable Revision Tracking
- To enable publishing of site plan assets to the delivery system, initialize the RealTime destination. Initialization
- Create the SitePlan asset type on delivery
- Enable the publishing schedules
- Run Upgrade Utility . Publishing of approved assets will not function correctly until the upgrade utility is run
- Publish assets
- Rerun Search Indices
- Enable any events
- Clear Client Browser caches