With WebCenter Sites 18.104.22.168.0 or later , it is observed that basic assets cache will not get cleared on the target server when published using Mirror Publishing method.
However it works correcly for flex assets and works perfectly fine for basic assets with RealTime Publishing.
There are couple of work arounds suggested by Oracle , please refer to
Oracle Support document “1582522.1” for more information
1. Use RealTime Publishing instead of Mirror Publishing
2. Add a custom code to Mirror publish on the target , to the flush the assets
Below are the some of the high level activities to be considered while upgrading from Fatwire 7.X to WebCenter Sites 11g. This list can be considered as high level check list for Pre & Post upgrade.
Pre Upgrade Activities
- Make sure there are no open DB connections
- Disable all publishing schedules and ensure that no publishing sessions are running
- For JDK 1.6, copy the jaxb-impl-2.1.12.jar
- Update Classpath with MSXML.jar : Missing with our scripts
- Update start-up scripts with XX:MaxPermSize and -Dcs.useJavaURLDecoder to false and other JVM settings
- Update LD_LIBRARY_PATH with CS-INSTALL\bin directory
- Ensure that all external data feeds and events are disabled
- Disable Revision Tracking for the assettypes
- Add the path to WebCenter Sites’ modified version of the Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory).
- If the class path refers to another version of the Microsoft XML Parser, WebCenter Sites will fail when parsing XML.
Post Upgrade Activities
- Copy Property Files
- Create custom/shared folders
- Copy Image & JS Folders
- Apply customizations
- After the upgrade, attribute forms will display additional fields which are not seen on a fresh installation. To make the attribute forms consistent with those of a fresh installation, you will edit the gator.ini file by setting the mwb.externalattributes property to false
- Create the start menus for PageAttribute, PageDefinition, and PageFilter so these asset types can be used.
- Re-Register the basic asset types
- Re apply any customizations on basic assets
- Enable Revision Tracking
- To enable publishing of site plan assets to the delivery system, initialize the RealTime destination. Initialization
- Create the SitePlan asset type on delivery
- Enable the publishing schedules
- Run Upgrade Utility . Publishing of approved assets will not function correctly until the upgrade utility is run
- Publish assets
- Rerun Search Indices
- Enable any events
- Clear Client Browser caches